Monday, May 4, 2009

Alaska Baby!

Nice view from the kitchen window eh?




Home Sweet Quonset Hut!!








Here are the summer digs! We have been so lucky! I took this picture today and so much snow has melted. This whole side was snow and there was a massive bank of it and ice in front of the hut. Everyday since our arrival it has been in the 60's. We are cleaning and getting organized. Chris has been up on a couple of tours and completed ground school. Myka eagerly awaits any outing as a chance to meet up with her friends and invariably she does!! We arrived on Sunday afternoon and I had to do some business on the computer so Monday morning we went for a walk and headed to the Roadhouse (which is right down the street) for some wi-fi. Of course..... Myka has some friends there and yells "Oh! My friends! I'm Back" I on the other hand was not prepared or excited and rather stunned at the position I was now in! I smiled, waved and just hustled her to the back hunched over the computer and left as quickly as possible! ( I am going to have to explain that one to Whitney!) Anyway... town is coming to life, many climbers are in and it is breakup... spring is up on deck! I miss you all and look forward to hearing how you are doing. (I just happened to bump into AUDREY and JOSH coming out of the Anchorage REI! Go figure that one out! What and awesome chance encounter.) We aren't getting any service at our place but I will have to come here (Roadhouse) from time to time to keep in touch. (What, my friends, am I going to to about that anyway? I mean I can't just sit here.... I might get thirsty and if I have a lovely cup up decaf....I 'll probably want a cinnamon roll to go with it! (Yep, read those books a few hundred times.... need to write one of my own!) Ha Ha Love to you ALL!


No comments: