Myka spent her first day back on skis with Lucien and Jessy. Lucien and I took a couple of runs( so fun and we had great snow) while the ski chicks made some turns. She took a couple more runs with the two of them and we left ... hungry for more. She did great. She looks so small. With Siri around I forget how little this one is until I see her way up on the chair lift in between Lucien and Jessy!
I couldn't wait to go again so a couple of days later I took her up to Beaver Creek. It is a 15 min. bus ride and couldn't be more convenient. I cannot describe this experience to you.(although here I go!) It was overwhelming.... amazingly beautiful day....warm, blue sky, heaven.... then, this little kid in front of me, carving some turns.... acting like a ski racer.... pulling some amazing balancing feats ( I kept asking her if her name was really Bode Miller!) ramming herself purposely into the hill side.... zooming off the run because she wanted to ski in the deep snow... giggling, laughing, squealing kid of mine!
I will never forget that day and feel so blessed that there will be more to come!
Pray for Snow!
No comments:
Post a Comment