Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mini Marathon Runner


Well, Myka ran her first major race this last weekend. It was great!!! She ran will all her might and was cheered on by hundreds!! I forgot the camera....I am sure there wouldn't have been a good picture as I was a little excited myself!! But... I really would have liked an image as she ran the race in her bicycle helmet! (We biked all over Seward race day which was an awsome way to get around (minus the hilly nature of the town!) She now has a hard earned ribbon!
I believe Myka was very impressed by the women's race and had a keen eye for the blood, sweat and tears. She would hang out along the course and get high fives from some of the racers. Unfortunately due to the amazingly warm nature of the weather we have been having the drama of the day landed in the men's column. By the time they started it was 3:00 and hot. The lead runner collapsed from heat exhaustion and crawled a few feet before passing out nearly right in front of us. So, this is the big story of the event. I am satisified though that I don't have to answer a gender scenario question and that the ladies were accounted for! And my oh my were they awesome....it always brings me to tears!!


A little cool dude from the sea life center!

No comments: